Thursday, October 27, 2005

delian truth about pointing

Hello Mark.
Thanks for giving my material your time; glad you seemed to like it. The Radiophonics reference is well-made. I am a fan of Delia D et al; and find the whole Radiophonics thing rather moving, even heroic. I like the boffin overtones and the surgical, painstaking way they used tape. Was unaware, though, that a perceptible aesthetic indicator would shine through to my own work. That's fine, of course, though. Obviously the two pieces are somewhat different in a general sense. Meat Sheet is aiming more toward what I am drawn to these days; the more muscular, KCrimson-esque Hurlements is what murmurists used to be. The PFloydish real drums that steam in halfway though give me problems these days. But that was who I was working with then; and that was how he played. In the communistic social experiment that was murmurists then it wasn't appropriate to offer structuring commentary to others. It was live and let live - as an ideological and practical imperative. That has it merits; everyone is a stakeholder; and, politically, I like that idea. Now, though, I'm wanting something with the same degree of internal equality but with more direction aesthetically; the latter achieved by being more fussy re personnel at the outset. As a member of the audience at yours and Rhodri's performance at Pyramid, it looked to me as if you have that: a kind of e.s.p., a kind of interpersonal ease. I've had that previously with a guitarist years ago. I know what it feels like to be on the same wavelength, and to produce music/art which testifies to that. So, that's the challenge now!
Best wishes, Anthony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home