Thursday, December 07, 2006

about excisions, kind people said this:

Right on
What fun
clock watching
atones
Glad to see
indonesia
heavy weather
Thanks
911
laurie anderson
Boy it's nippley outside
cock in a frock
Gotta go make some breakfast
history
I'm having lots of fun
differentials, intentions
enjoying them quite a bit
stiff portions
food fighting
meat and drink; meat is mulder
I wanted to please encourage you
bird song
spit
I know for sure
cabbage white
varese
radiophonic inkling
should trade things
amazing variations
melodramatic, dramatic
squeezed chaos
interesting cat
focused
postrockery
horseplay
download
I heard your stuff here
got most of them in one fell swoop
pale colours
excellent series of pieces
soundscape
exotica
explorative
gloriously productive given limitations subscribed
in bath
reverberating
abso-fucking-lutely-fantastic
pop art styliings
outcry
guitaristic
overt
great variety of sounds and styles
ambush
johnny cash
johhny cash [sic]
musicianship and production are top quality
stinging, ringing
most impressive
thingification
Of course I have my favourites
most exciting
platonic
plaintive
the way in which 7 emerges into the 'industrial' rhythm and the voice work being standout moments for me
thorns
Excision 10 contains that fantastic demented sounding opener
occluded notation
sweet
discrete
discreet
splitting
tasty progression into a more intense area
ways and means
toothache
wedding march
conditionality
amorphous
I hope you're going to be releasing some of this material
evokes 1981 for me
number 8's demon
fucking wow!
canal
been listening
paula rego
marx
really really impressed
robert wyatt
hungry, chasing slants
slat
symbol
running
desk fan
you have made some lovely sounds and interesting to boot
killing joke
thanks a lot
nine inch nails
have just been lying back
twisted
IDM
myspace
lovely sounds
hole
whole
essentialist
non-formalities
i feel proud of you
triskele
sent them on to two friends of mine
away
prog
peace to your diseased mind
* Many thanks, murmurists

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's like an obsessive encyclopedia, I like that type of structuring.

Friday, December 08, 2006 11:56:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, I can comment properly again, not some unperson.

Friday, December 08, 2006 11:57:00 am  
Blogger murmurists said...

Welcome back to Alpha-Blogging, Anthony! I like 'obsessive encyclopedia'.

Friday, December 08, 2006 1:07:00 pm  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

Oh look at St. A! He's back! Did you take little pieces of praise and chop them up Dr. A? I like the way you get a gist of them from the bits you used. You are a daffodil of wonder, you really are!

Friday, December 08, 2006 8:56:00 pm  
Blogger Inconsequential said...

that was a fun piece.

cool :)

Saturday, December 09, 2006 9:08:00 am  
Blogger murmurists said...

Thanks, Inc. Hope you are well, matey.

Yes, Molly - kind people said kind things. I wanted to include that commentary, but do two necessary things, also: 1. preserve privacy 2. not look like a big head. On top of that, I thought some of the things that were said were prose-like in themselves. So here they are...

'...daffodil of wonder...' - most sweet.

Saturday, December 09, 2006 9:07:00 pm  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

and then there are my comments, writen after an evening spent with my next door neighboures,bearing in mind i seldom drink, who plied me with wine, which i could handle, and then port, which i couldn't, followed by a hastily writen email (without glasses and very drunk)to the good doctor all of which, in the cold light of day, makes no sense at all!

loved the music. heard a certain crimson influence but also elements of techno and jazz. thouroughly enjoyable. a regular northampton eno.

Monday, December 11, 2006 10:47:00 am  
Blogger murmurists said...

Northamton Eno sounds like one of my Cafe Abdab crowd. Thanks for email, CJ - I did get it, but my reply bounced back here by Mail Admin for some reason, saying your server rejected it! Obviously there's a limit to what even bots will accept. Glad you like excisions. Had great reactions - a flavour of which I present here, in this post. Now it is numeri - 11 pieces of dronery. Cheers for your interest. I also sent you 'dock dock dock dock dock dock' today. A work in progress, as it were.

Monday, December 11, 2006 11:59:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home