Thursday, May 31, 2007

item #9772

39 years ago, I was comforted by your missives raining down one million a day. I had my supernature, then. I left the ground - in uneven emotional droves; in shoes and socks made of supercollider. I have poured over your sciences ever since. You gave matter to me; in my mouth and pockets. I took what I could; you took from me, in turn. I cherish. I have my wish-list, like anyone else; I have my desires, which serve my cause. So, why do I run from numerical excess? I am uncompetitive but assertive - as you know. I don't see these things as mutually-exclusive, however. I believe that feeling can be superimposed.

A nice quote I found:
"...A person should not choose the form in which s/he wishes to perform [...] but s/he should perform [...] in any manner the opportunity affords. S/he should be like a vessel into which anything may be poured - wine, milk, or water...".
Abraham Joshua Heschel